Recently I’ve started a new series of modelling tips, which I’m sharing on my Instagram account. This series is going to include a lot of the big tips that have been posted here on the blog, as well as some new bits and pieces, all in bite-sized chunks that you can digest easily.
I’m going to share a couple below so that you can see what they look like, but I recommend that you head over to Instagram and take a look there to see the full series. In the meantime, I’m sharing the text versions of the first five here as another little sample.
These are some of the top tips which will really help you to stand out in the modelling industry, no matter how much experience you have. If you are a complete beginner, consider these to be a cheat sheet which will help you to travel that distance from novice to expert much more quickly! Remember, when you are ready to take things to the next level, you can book in for my tuition services and get yourself a one-on-one intensive session that will build your portfolio instantly.
Here’s the first five tips:
1. People in the industry talk, so make sure you don’t let anyone down! If you can’t avoid a last minute cancellation, try bringing in a substitue or rescheduling.
2. It’s important that you don’t waste anyone’s time. Read casting calls thoroughly before applying, and only apply to castings that you are truly interested in.
3. Don’t act like a prima donna on set. Nobody owes you anything. Instead, work hard for great results and you will be rewarded.
4. Don’t compromise your limits on set. If you feel pressured to do something you’re not comfortable with, walk away - no matter who the photographer is.
5. Make sure that you try to relax in front of the camera. This will give you a much better chance of getting some great images. Tension shows!