If you are working on a budget, you probably don’t have a wardrobe full of designer clothes. On the other hand, being seen is very important, and you might turn a few heads at Fashion Week or on the street if your style is chic. Here are some rules for being fashionable without breaking the bank.
- Go to designer sample sales. You can pick up items for a fraction of their original price. Make careful choices - don’t buy something just because it’s there. Don’t be afraid to go home empty-handed.
- Pick out strong, classic pieces that are always chic rather than latching on to this season’s trends. Invest your money in things you can wear year after year.
- Never turn down free clothes from designers. If you don’t like them, sell them or trade them with other models. Never bad-mouth the clothes even if you don’t like them: word gets around.
- Have a strong signature look. If you are known for dressing a certain way, you don’t have to bow to trends. Just look at Karl Lagerfeld!
- Shop vintage, but try to avoid vintage shops. They tend to inflate prices because they are seen as trendy - look on eBay, in charity shops, and so on instead.
If you’re looking for more tips on life as a model, you can sign up for model tuition - or a portfolio up date. Get in touch to book!